FiringSquad Home
Home News THE MATRIX Deals Hardware '>Games Features Media Products Forums
Conscript
chrisiex1

"VD132.eve has stopped working".

I have just bought a HP S3644 PC with an AMD Phenom™ processor 8250e and 4g ram that runs on vista.

I have just added my old failfull soundcard which is a Philips 805. The drivers installed and vista say they are compatible. To get the full 5.1 effect through all the speakers, software has to be installed.

The software is called Philips psc805 aurilium driver installation sound agent. When the software is being installed a error comes up saying “ VDI32.exe has stopped working.” - A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. Followed by the error “Failed to obtain 805 bus interface

I have tried looking on the Philips site and it doesn’t even mention the Philips PSC805 sound card, i have search for more drivers using the drive detective software. That says the drivers are up to date.  Has anyone else found this or knows of a solution.

Any help appreciated. Chrisie

Black Ops
Bowhunters

Re: "VD132.eve has stopped working".

Phillips has not created updated drivers to ensure compatibility for that product to fully work with Vista.

Vista may recognize it and feel it should work but unless Phillips makes new drivers you are going to have these issues.

If your PC's motherboard has on board sound just use that, most motherboard sound chips that are out now are just about as good in quality of sound than a real sound card.

11 Bay InWin Q500 Tower - Antec Tru Power Trio 650 PSU - 3 Case Fans - ASUS P5B Deluxe Wi-Fi AP - Intel E6600 - 4GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 - EVGA GTX260 216 - Creative Labs Audigy2 ZS - 2ea 400GB Seagate SATA300 HD's - NEC 3550A DVD-DL - Toshiba Floppy - Pinnacle AV/DV Deluxe TV Card
---
FiringSquad Forums Powered by: View our server info & View our server info