FiringSquad Home
Home News THE MATRIX Deals Hardware '>Games Features Media Products Forums
Conscript
dudestuffiscool

help configuring Your-Freedom proxy with Utorrent on college campus

I have done this before so I know it can be done. I need help configuring Utorrent with the proxy Your-Freedom. I have them both installed on my computer but I am not so good at figuring out addresses, host "stuff", incoming and outgoing ports, and the rest of it. I have already seen the one page with 2 pictures that seems to be Your-Freedom's "tutorial" for setting up what I am trying to do, but It is very unclear on several things. I wrote all the settings and numbers down on a sheet of paper once, but that is long gone. (bummer) So if anyone would assist me, I would really appreciate it.
Conscript
dudestuffiscool

Re: help configuring Your-Freedom proxy with Utorrent on college campus

anyone? If I did it before, it can't be that hard.  Unless anyone has an easier idea/solution. My main problem is that when I click on a torrent, to download it, you know utorrent or bittorrent is supposed to prety much automatically open a box and say ok, this is what you are downloading and so and so. But when I click on a torrent to d/l it, nothing happens. I'm pretty sure the school has them blocked. I dont know anything about VPN or IPv6...maybe that will help, maybe it wont...but I would really appreciate anyones help.
Sharpshooter
powwow71

http://www.your-freedom.net/index.php?id=128&L=2%5C%5C%5C%22
-------------------------
New Computer Pics
Look Here for Desktop PICS
Look Here for ALIENWARE m17x R3 PICS

My Notebook
ALIENWARE m17x R3
(Core i7 2820, AMD 6990m 2 gigs, 12 gigs DDR3-1333, Crucial M4 SSD 128 gig, Klipsch High Definition Audio, 17.3" 1920x1080)

My Wife's NoteBook
ASUS ROG G73JW
(Core i5 460m, NVIDIA GTX 460M @ 800mhz/1600mhz/1480mhz DDR5, 17.3" 1080P, Creative THX TruStudio EAX 5.0)

My 5 yr-old son just inherited...
Core i7 970 32nm Gulftown 6-core @ 4.4ghz 1.36v
Prolimatech Megahalem CPU cooler with 120mm Noise Blockers push pull
Gigabyte X58A UD7
Gskill Pi's DDR3-1600 12 gigs Triple Channel 6-8-6-20 1.65v
2 x Evga gtx 570s SLI'ed @ 885 core, 1770 Shaders, 4200 DDR5
Patriot Wildfire SSD 120gig
Sennheiser HD-555
OCZ ZX Series 1000W Gold (90%+ Efficiency)
CoolerMaster Haf X
Preliminary 3dmark Vantage score : 49,459
Conscript
dudestuffiscool

yeah i saw that, but it is, garbage. I found a much easier way just a few minutes ago. If anyone wants help with it, I can try to my best. Thanks for your reply though man.
Conscript
voth

Hey, I was wondering what your easier way to configure uTorrent with a college campus network was. I am having troubles with Your Freedom. Any response would be appreciated. Thanks.
Conscript
dudestuffiscool

OK this will require a bit of reading on your part, but it def. is working for me. I have IE7 and firefox on my computer, so I can firefox normally on the schools network and then you will use the IE7 to browse the internet and download torrents from IE7. IE7 will be a little slower since it is not you local internet.

Your Freedom configuration: (Most of this is default and you should be able to run the wizard and it will do it for you)

Server connection tab: Address is ems06.your-freedom.de   Port is 443   Protocol is https

Ports Tab: Check the box for Socks 4/5 and use port 1080. Check the box for web proxy and use port 8080

Internet Explorer configuration:

tools/internet options/connections- Click Lan Settings. Check the box "Use a proxy server..." then click advanced. Type in "localhost" without the quotes in the socks proxy address box. type in port 1080 in the port box. dont check use same proxy box.

Utorrent 1.8 Configuration:

Options/preferences/Connection.   Port used for incoming should be set to 443. In the listening port section, check the bottom 2 boxes. (Enable NAT... and add windows...).   In the proxy server section, you want type socks4.  your prxy will be localhost.  your port will be 1080.  Do not check auth or use proxy for peer to peer.

In the bittorrent tab under utorrent prefs, go to the basic bittorrent features. Leave the IPhostname field blank and check the top 4 of the 6 boxes. Under protocol Encryption, set outgoing as enabled and check the box allow incoming...

Now I believe that is all the settings I have. A few more things, I am not responsible for anything actions you take. IF youget in trouble, I have no part in it. Your-Freedom willneed to be reset every hour if you have the free version/account like I do. IE7 will run slowl, but you can use it to download, so what I would reccomend is using firefox to find the torrent you want, and copying it from there and pasting it into IE7 address to speed things up. I hope this works for you if you decide to try it. I really dont know too much about networking and stuff liek this, but i decided to paly aroudn with it one day and that is what I came up with. Those settings may only work on my computer and only on my network, who knows. But good luck. Ill be here if you need any other questiosn answered.

Sharpshooter
powwow71

dudestuffiscool wrote:

OK this will require a bit of reading on your part, but it def. is working for me. I have IE7 and firefox on my computer, so I can firefox normally on the schools network and then you will use the IE7 to browse the internet and download torrents from IE7. IE7 will be a little slower since it is not you local internet.

Your Freedom configuration: (Most of this is default and you should be able to run the wizard and it will do it for you)

Server connection tab: Address is ems06.your-freedom.de   Port is 443   Protocol is https

Ports Tab: Check the box for Socks 4/5 and use port 1080. Check the box for web proxy and use port 8080

Internet Explorer configuration:

tools/internet options/connections- Click Lan Settings. Check the box "Use a proxy server..." then click advanced. Type in "localhost" without the quotes in the socks proxy address box. type in port 1080 in the port box. dont check use same proxy box.

Utorrent 1.8 Configuration:

Options/preferences/Connection.   Port used for incoming should be set to 443. In the listening port section, check the bottom 2 boxes. (Enable NAT... and add windows...).   In the proxy server section, you want type socks4.  your prxy will be localhost.  your port will be 1080.  Do not check auth or use proxy for peer to peer.

In the bittorrent tab under utorrent prefs, go to the basic bittorrent features. Leave the IPhostname field blank and check the top 4 of the 6 boxes. Under protocol Encryption, set outgoing as enabled and check the box allow incoming...

Now I believe that is all the settings I have. A few more things, I am not responsible for anything actions you take. IF youget in trouble, I have no part in it. Your-Freedom willneed to be reset every hour if you have the free version/account like I do. IE7 will run slowl, but you can use it to download, so what I would reccomend is using firefox to find the torrent you want, and copying it from there and pasting it into IE7 address to speed things up. I hope this works for you if you decide to try it. I really dont know too much about networking and stuff liek this, but i decided to paly aroudn with it one day and that is what I came up with. Those settings may only work on my computer and only on my network, who knows. But good luck. Ill be here if you need any other questiosn answered.

lol...dude, maybe its best to send a private message next time lol

-------------------------
New Computer Pics
Look Here for Desktop PICS
Look Here for ALIENWARE m17x R3 PICS

My Notebook
ALIENWARE m17x R3
(Core i7 2820, AMD 6990m 2 gigs, 12 gigs DDR3-1333, Crucial M4 SSD 128 gig, Klipsch High Definition Audio, 17.3" 1920x1080)

My Wife's NoteBook
ASUS ROG G73JW
(Core i5 460m, NVIDIA GTX 460M @ 800mhz/1600mhz/1480mhz DDR5, 17.3" 1080P, Creative THX TruStudio EAX 5.0)

My 5 yr-old son just inherited...
Core i7 970 32nm Gulftown 6-core @ 4.4ghz 1.36v
Prolimatech Megahalem CPU cooler with 120mm Noise Blockers push pull
Gigabyte X58A UD7
Gskill Pi's DDR3-1600 12 gigs Triple Channel 6-8-6-20 1.65v
2 x Evga gtx 570s SLI'ed @ 885 core, 1770 Shaders, 4200 DDR5
Patriot Wildfire SSD 120gig
Sennheiser HD-555
OCZ ZX Series 1000W Gold (90%+ Efficiency)
CoolerMaster Haf X
Preliminary 3dmark Vantage score : 49,459
Conscript
dudestuffiscool

well now whoever wants it, can use it. and if for some reason, the guy that is in charge of the internet at my school sees this, then i guess i deserve to have them blocked this way too.
Conscript
oggologgo

[ Edited ]
This forum software is retarded.
Message Edited by oggologgo on 09-22-2008 07:27 AM
Conscript
dudestuffiscool

hmm...maybe its a "user error" that is making it retarted. If I can use it, then it works fine. And also, in the business world too, if it works, then that is all that matters. People will build off of that to make it better. I was just providing one solution and if it isn't working for you, then add your input. But IT WORKS!!! THAT is what matters.
Conscript
Xilith

Thank you! Really I mean it!

After this setup (which was really tiring to read) my uTorrent started to WORK!

God bless you!

And I signed my account just to say this.

Conscript
issilliuc

dudestuffiscool wrote:
I have done this before so I know it can be done. I need help configuring Utorrent with the proxy Your-Freedom. I have them both installed on my computer but I am not so good at figuring out addresses, host "stuff", incoming and outgoing ports, and the rest of it. I have already seen the one page with 2 pictures that seems to be Your-Freedom's "tutorial" for setting up what I am trying to do, but It is very unclear on several things. I wrote all the settings and numbers down on a sheet of paper once, but that is long gone. (bummer) So if anyone would assist me, I would really appreciate it.

You don't really have to figure out the addresses your self. just auto attempt and itll get all you need.

Might take a while. And are you using Sockscap ? for If I'm correct 'if not please do correct me' you cant just run any programs with youfreedom with out sockscap. I used yourfreedom on a proxy server to play Wolrd of Warcraft had to use your-freedom to get connection and Sockscap to launch.

perhaps it works the same for Utorrent.

Sharpshooter
Stalker_Loner

Conscript
issilliuc

Stalker_Loner wrote:

FYI this thread is from '08 :smileyhappy:

rofl your right didn't see that the humiliation.

---
FiringSquad Forums Powered by: View our server info & View our server info