FiringSquad Home
Home News THE MATRIX Deals Hardware '>Games Features Media Products Forums
Veteran Rifleman
One Fan To Another

What The, What?

I was sitting at my computer yesterday then stopped for a sec to take a bite out of some food I was eating and, while not touching the computer, not running anything, not... ANYTHING... Windows 7 decides to turn my Windows theme to the some sorta' light blue opaque color.

Why?

I didn't press a single button, and like I said nothing was running.  It was just at the blank desktop when I heard a second or two of the HD making its typical crunchy access noise than BAM, theme change.  What kind of bizarre thing is that?  What the hell would have to have been going on with Windows for that to be the result?  In fact that's not the first time I've seen Windows 7 change the theme to that light blue theme, but on a different computer - which tells me it's an genuine bug for Windows 7.

Veteran Rifleman
Natedog51

Re: What The, What?

There's an option to cycle through themes in the personalization tab. You can set it up to a few months I think (might be upto a year). You might have that on by default and just not have known it.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Black Ops
jwhx

It was probably just trying to match the theme of the computer to your food to help create a better mood and atmosphere.....and what does it get in return...nothing but your bitching. I think you're taking windows for granted. It'll only take so much before it starts looking for more tender, attentive users.
Image Created by Indigo196
Sharpshooter
Stalker_Loner

jwhx wrote:
It was probably just trying to match the theme of the computer to your food to help create a better mood and atmosphere.....and what does it get in return...nothing but your bitching. I think you're taking windows for granted. It'll only take so much before it starts looking for more tender, attentive users.

This. 

Seriously though, what Nate said. I have mine set to swap backgrounds with a bunch of photoshopped Opeth pictures every 30 minutes. Probably hogging all kinds of RAM but it's worth it to see Martin Mendez as Tom from Myspace, and Mikael Åkerfeldt as the Dark Knight, Godfather and the Star Wars evil Emperor. 

Conscript
issilliuc

One Fan To Another wrote:

I was sitting at my computer yesterday then stopped for a sec to take a bite out of some food I was eating and, while not touching the computer, not running anything, not... ANYTHING... Windows 7 decides to turn my Windows theme to the some sorta' light blue opaque color.

Why?

I didn't press a single button, and like I said nothing was running.  It was just at the blank desktop when I heard a second or two of the HD making its typical crunchy access noise than BAM, theme change.  What kind of bizarre thing is that?  What the hell would have to have been going on with Windows for that to be the result?  In fact that's not the first time I've seen Windows 7 change the theme to that light blue theme, but on a different computer - which tells me it's an genuine bug for Windows 7.

It has it own will ! You must destroy you computer! The fate of the universe rests on your shoulders!

Veteran Rifleman
One Fan To Another

^I'm thinking you're right. It's most definitely not an automatic theme change option. I don't have anything like that enabled and this only happened, to this machine, once. Plus, when it happened (just like when it happened to another machine I mentioned) it just goes BAM and changes.

Actually, I remember once I installed Cubase 5 on my computer and I had to uninstall/re-install it because every time I entered it the computer won't arbitrarily flash to that damn opaque blue theme.

So: We have a randomized executing issue that has a complete color consistency, on multiple systems. To me that absolutely means it's a tried and true bug within Windows 7 that has yet to be addressed.
Veteran Rifleman
Natedog51

Flashing to the opaque blue theme sounds like it is going into Windows Basic mode (or turning Aero off) which happens with some programs designed for Win 7. My Total Media Theatre 3 does that when I turn it on so the GPU isn't wasting processing power with Aero running in the back ground. It might be that your program was designed to do the same for whatever reason.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Veteran Rifleman
One Fan To Another

I figured I'd finalize this thread:

What was really happening was that at exactly midnight the computer turned off Aero features, for some purpose, to start any of the automated features I may have had turned on.  But, since I disable automated features (like defrage or whatever) through unconventional means there wasn't actually any automated features going off at midnight.  So, a minute later the computer turned Aero back on after not having performed any function.

---
FiringSquad Forums Powered by: View our server info & View our server info