FiringSquad Home
Home News THE MATRIX Deals Hardware '>Games Features Media Products Forums
Conscript
Joey84

HELP setting HD resolution on Brand new Acer Al2216W

Hi guys, I just got my brand new acer AL2216W 22" monitor but I accidently hit ESC when it was asking me what HD resoultion I wanted to set my  monitor too. For the life of me I cannot figure out how to get back into that menu to set my monitor to higher then 480pi.

Anyone know? Thanks!

Black Ops
Bowhunters

Re: HELP setting HD resolution on Brand new Acer Al2216W

I believe someone in the past ran into a similar situation with that same monitor, you may have to hook it up to another pc or even a tv and set 480p and then put it back on the pc you are running it on before and set it to 720p.

11 Bay InWin Q500 Tower - Antec Tru Power Trio 650 PSU - 3 Case Fans - ASUS P5B Deluxe Wi-Fi AP - Intel E6600 - 4GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 - EVGA GTX260 216 - Creative Labs Audigy2 ZS - 2ea 400GB Seagate SATA300 HD's - NEC 3550A DVD-DL - Toshiba Floppy - Pinnacle AV/DV Deluxe TV Card
Conscript
Joey84

So if I hook this monitor up to another PC and set it to 480 PI then hook it back to my  computer it will reset and let me change the HD PI? Is that guranteed to work?  Seems like a hassle...is there any other way?

Black Ops
Bowhunters

Well, I am assuming you already tried doing a pc reboot to see if the monitor setting request would come back.

If that didn't work to make the setting request come back and you can't find it in the monitors menu settings then you'll have to do what I said.

Like I said, someone else has that monitor and had similar issues making the adjustment to 720p.

11 Bay InWin Q500 Tower - Antec Tru Power Trio 650 PSU - 3 Case Fans - ASUS P5B Deluxe Wi-Fi AP - Intel E6600 - 4GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 - EVGA GTX260 216 - Creative Labs Audigy2 ZS - 2ea 400GB Seagate SATA300 HD's - NEC 3550A DVD-DL - Toshiba Floppy - Pinnacle AV/DV Deluxe TV Card
Conscript
Joey84

Well my other cpu here doesnt have that second output for the  vdi connection,  other cpu didnt even get that pixel menu (guessing because of no vdi slot).  You said you can do the same thing hooking up to a Tv?  How do you hook up a monitor to a TV.

Conscript
Joey84

Ugh, I dont have an HDTV either, so I guess im screwed atlesat for the time being.
Sharpshooter
ICDP

[ Edited ]

Sorry if this isn't helpful, but I've never seen/heard of setting a resolution on the monitor/TV/display device itself, that's handled by the source device. You're talking about hooking up to your PC, not a PS3, DVD, or some other such device, right?

Right click on your desktop and select "Properties". Go to the "Settings" tab and slide the "Screen resolution" arrow to "1680x1050" (the recommended resolution according to the manual for that model). If you don't get that option, tell us what you do get.

Message Edited by ICDP on 06-24-2008 08:55 PM
Conscript
Joey84

I do get that resolution but its not hte resolution.  Its the actual HDPI setting. When I first installed the monitor it gave me an option to turn up the HD  pixel settings but I hit escape out of the menu and im unable to pull up the HDPI menu  again.

Nothing to do with the resoultion, and I can try the first guys idea because theres no other computer with HD hookup nor do we have an HD TV :\.

Sharpshooter
ICDP

Sorry, I have no idea what "HDPI" is (Google shows nothing relevant on the first page), and the manual I found online makes no mention of such a thing or any first time setup. When you say you "hit escape", you mean on the keyboard or the buttons on the monitor itself? What does it say when you go to the info tab on the monitors built in menus?

I'm still confused how a monitor can be "set" to 480i when the PC is feeding it 1680x1050. 

---
FiringSquad Forums Powered by: View our server info & View our server info