FiringSquad Home
Home News THE MATRIX Deals Hardware '>Games Features Media Products Forums
Veteran Rifleman
chriscoates81

Bios update for vga card

Hi guys, i have 2 560ti's in sli. They are both msi cards, can i use any manufacturers bios updates as msi dont seem to have any. Oh i should mention they are the oc version.

Some people are like slinkies, utterly useless but great fun to push down two flights of stairs.
Black Ops
Egglick

Re: Bios update for vga card

I would really avoid changing a BIOS on a videocard unless absolutely necessary.

Regular Infantry
johnnm

[ Edited ]

Egglick wrote:

I would really avoid changing a BIOS on a videocard unless absolutely necessary.

++

Why are you looking to update the firmware on these cards?

If it's not broke, don't fix it. You're taking on unnecessary risk by searching for a new BIOS on these cards with no perceptual gain.

Veteran Rifleman
Natedog51

If the bios does work it will change your clock settings since you have the OC versions. If they aren't performing and it's not a driver issue send them back and get replacements. I wouldn't mess with the bios.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Sharpshooter
Stalker_Loner

To expand slightly; the only reason you'd really want to attempt a GPU flash is to unlock shaders such as in the HD 6950 cards. (some of the earlier ones, most are pulled now) Even then the operation is risky and I'm pretty sure a failed flash spells death for the card.
Veteran Rifleman
chriscoates81

My main reason is that if i sell these cards on ebay and at the default voltage/clocks they crash, i dont want a seller complaining to me.

Some people are like slinkies, utterly useless but great fun to push down two flights of stairs.
Manslaughterer
Synchronous Failure

Why would the default values crash? They're the default values...

Photobucket
Veteran Rifleman
Natedog51

chriscoates81 wrote:

My main reason is that if i sell these cards on ebay and at the default voltage/clocks they crash, i dont want a seller complaining to me.

If that happens they are either defective or damaged.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Veteran Rifleman
chriscoates81

It seems to be a common problem with all of the 560ti oc's from different manufacturers. However it could be that bf3 is stressing them alot.

Veteran Rifleman
Natedog51

If it is just BF3 that this is happening in, it might be a driver issue.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Manslaughterer
Synchronous Failure

[ Edited ]

chriscoates81 wrote:

It seems to be a common problem with all of the 560ti oc's from different manufacturers. However it could be that bf3 is stressing them alot.

Oof, I don't think you can change the BIOS of a custom card. AFAIK a VGA BIOS can only be changed (safely) on reference boards. That means no factory overclocks or special features.

Photobucket
---
FiringSquad Forums Powered by: View our server info & View our server info