FiringSquad Home
Home News THE MATRIX Deals Hardware '>Games Features Media Products Forums
Sharpshooter
Stalker_Loner

Audio Question

My new build is experiencing a slight drawback. Realtek chip ALC 892, when having audio sources plugged into the rear of the case, gets some pretty heafty feedback from all my USB devices and monitor, especially when browsing the internet. Apparently it has something to do with a wire grounding issue. Updated drivers don't help, nor does the "mute PC Beep" option. Line-in is also muted. This is not a huge enough deal for me to tear out my motherboard and RMA it. My question is, are the front audio jacks any different? I have both HD and AC '97 available. I plugged in HD, and it sounds fine to me, with no feedback. Is this a viable option or is the quality of the rear panel going to be better? Realtek pops up and asks me what I'm plugging into the front panel so I'm assuming it's similar. 

Also, the only spot I have available in my case is a PCI-e 1x slot, which is great but I don't like any of the options for sound cards, and I don't see the point in dishing out $184 for an e-Claro for 2.1, especially not if the front panel will be fine. 

Manslaughterer
Synchronous Failure

Re: Audio Question

[ Edited ]

It makes no difference. It's both shit integrated audio coming out of the motherboard. And why don't you like any of the choices? A cheap Xonar DX will be miles superior to your motherboard... and better for gaming, too!

Photobucket
Sharpshooter
Stalker_Loner

Re: Audio Question

[ Edited ]

Huh, I must have missed that one. Thanks man, the front panel will ease my troubles for now, but that board does look like a good option. Hopefully it doesn't do the same thing. I'm thinking it's just something to do with the actual Realtek block. Muting the sound doesn't stop it so I'm sure it's a hardware issue. 

Edit -went ahead and grabbed it from Amazon. $20 MIR to boot, despite some naysayers who had driver issues. Can't be worse than Creative.
---
FiringSquad Forums Powered by: View our server info & View our server info